With the spring here, and summer approaching, please be aware of the burning regulations put in place by McHenry County: McHenry County Burning Regulations
PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES:
- Burning of manure, garbage, litter, etc. on any property in McHenry County
- Burning of landscape waste within 100′ of a habitable structure (i.e. residence, school, etc.)
- Burning of landscape waste within 50′ of a non-habitable structure (i.e. detached garage, barn, etc.)
RESTRICTIONS WHEN GREATER THAN 100′ FROM A HABITABLE STRUCTURE AND 50′ FROM A NON-HABITABLE STRUCTURE
- Only landscape waste and only on the property where the landscape waste was generated
- Only during the months of April, May, October and November (weekends only)
- Only between dawn and dusk
- Only when the winds are less than 10 mph
- Must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age
- A fire extinguisher, garden hose, or water source must be available by the burning site.
Burning of on-site generated landscape waste 500′ or greater from a habitable structure is allowed:
1. During any month of the year
2. On any day of the week
3. At any time of the day
Note: All other prohibitions/restrictions apply.
- Recreational fires, not larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings
- Ceremonial fires (bonfires) larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings; permit required from McHenry County Department of Health
- Habitat Reclamation or Firefighter
Any officer of the McHenry County Department of Health, law enforcement agency, fire department or fire protection district is authorized to enforce the provisions of this Ordinance.
Estas Reglas son aplicables para todas las zonas del Condado de McHenry: McHenry County Burning Regulations (Spanish)
Have you heard about the newest service available in the Village? We now offer direct pay for your utility bills- no more dealing with checks and late fees.
Direct Pay makes it more convenient for you to make your water payments to the Village of Richmond. Payments will be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account and credited to your water account on the bill’s due date. To enroll in Direct Pay, please complete this application and return it with a voided check attached by mail to Village of Richmond at 5600 Hunter Drive, Richmond, IL 60071, in person to Village Hall/Front drop-box or by E-Mail to email@example.com
See form here: Direct Pay
Local elections vary widely across jurisdictions. In electoral system that roughly follow the Westminster model, a terminology has evolved with roles such as Mayor or Warden to describe the executive of a city, town or region, although the actual means of elections vary.