Village of Richmond Adopted Building Codes
RICHMOND MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 34, BUILDING REGULATIONS
The Building Regulations. The following Codes shall apply to all construction within the Village of Richmond: (Ord. 2016-07)
(a) The following list of codes are hereby adopted as part of the Building Code of the Village of Richmond, for the control of buildings and structures as therein provided in each code. Each and all of the regulations, provisions, penalties, conditions and terms contained in each code described below are hereby referred to, adopted and made a part hereof as if fully set forth in this ordinance.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Pool and Spa Code
- 2014 National Electric Code with exceptions noted in Chapter 35, Village of Richmond Municipal Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- Illinois State Plumbing Code, Current Edition
- Illinois Accessibility Code
All applications for building permits for multifamily commercial and industrial buildings shall include plans certified by a State of Illinois licensed architect or structural engineer. (Ord. 2004-19)
The following sections of the “International Building Code, 2015 Edition” are hereby revised as follows: (Ord. 2016-07)
(a) Accessibility-Chapter 11. Delete Chapter 11 and any reference to accessibility within the International Building Code. All accessibility references shall be deferred to the Illinois Accessibility Code (current version).
The following sections of the “International Residential Code, 2015 Edition” are hereby revised as follows;
- Section R313 (Sprinklers) is deleted in its entirety.
- Chapters 11 through 43 are deleted in their entirety.