Check out our ‘pay online‘ menu option to purchase your vehicles on our website and have them mailed directly to you, or pick them up in person and pay ahead. You may also stop by Village Hall between 8am-4pm, M-F to purchase stickers in person.
Vehicle information is NOT required. Proof of age requested for applicable discounts at the time of purchase. Stickers must be on vehicles before May 1st or late fees will apply.
Friday, May 7th
Please have leaves curbside prior to Friday morning to ensure pickup. This service is for residents within the Village of Richmond limits only. Please call Prairieland directly if you have any questions 847-381-9300.
Prairieland Curbside Electronic Pickup is scheduled for Thursday, April 1st.
Only limit is as follows: (2) televisions or (2) Computer Monitors or (1) of each.
Please check their website for acceptable items and additional information by clicking here. Place items curbside with your normal garbage toters. This service is for residents within the Village of Richmond limits only. Please call Prairieland directly if you have any questions 847-381-9300.
Normal Yard Waste Bags:
Please note that normal yard waste bags will begin to be picked up April 1st and will occur weekly on your scheduled garbage pick-up date through November. Two (2) free bags are included in your weekly pick-up. Additional bag stickers can be purchased at the Village Hall and Richmond Ace Hardware.
2021 Registration Event
Registration Opens: February 1, 2021
Beginning February 1, 2021, Kindergarten registration will open for all D2 children born on or before September 1, 2016.
To register, please visit www.nippersinkdistrict2.org and click on Menu / Kindergarten Enrollment – to begin the registration process.
Please contact Kristy Dodge at 815-678-6866 for assistance.
In the event of snowfall exceeding 2 inches, to help aid the snow removal efforts, please keep all vehicles off Village streets until removal is complete.
Your efforts help make sure our streets can be cleared for all residents and businesses in a timely manner!
Offering programs in July and August such as: The Amazing Race, Snapolgy STEAM Club, Drone Commander, STEM Survivor and Sports Science! Click on Snapology Camp Descriptions below for more information!
Purchase in person during office hours or online E-pay *DUE DATE JULY 31, 2020*
Senior Discount (65 or older)-$5
Disabled/Handicap Discount with placard-$5
$6 LATE FEE AUGUST 1, 2020
With the spring here, and summer approaching, please be aware of the burning regulations put in place by McHenry County: McHenry County Burning Regulations
PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES:
- Burning of manure, garbage, litter, etc. on any property in McHenry County
- Burning of landscape waste within 100′ of a habitable structure (i.e. residence, school, etc.)
- Burning of landscape waste within 50′ of a non-habitable structure (i.e. detached garage, barn, etc.)
RESTRICTIONS WHEN GREATER THAN 100′ FROM A HABITABLE STRUCTURE AND 50′ FROM A NON-HABITABLE STRUCTURE
- Only landscape waste and only on the property where the landscape waste was generated
- Only during the months of April, May, October and November (weekends only)
- Only between dawn and dusk
- Only when the winds are less than 10 mph
- Must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age
- A fire extinguisher, garden hose, or water source must be available by the burning site.
Burning of on-site generated landscape waste 500′ or greater from a habitable structure is allowed:
1. During any month of the year
2. On any day of the week
3. At any time of the day
Note: All other prohibitions/restrictions apply.
- Recreational fires, not larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings
- Ceremonial fires (bonfires) larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings; permit required from McHenry County Department of Health
- Habitat Reclamation or Firefighter
Any officer of the McHenry County Department of Health, law enforcement agency, fire department or fire protection district is authorized to enforce the provisions of this Ordinance.
Estas Reglas son aplicables para todas las zonas del Condado de McHenry: McHenry County Burning Regulations (Spanish)