North Solon Road will be closed for the replacement of 2 culverts. Work will begin first thing in the morning and should last 1-2 days. Please see the attached map for location. Road will be closed 500 feet south of Hill Rd. to 1000 feet north of Keith Dr.
With the spring here, and summer approaching, please be aware of the burning regulations put in place by McHenry County: McHenry County Burning Regulations
PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES:
- Burning of manure, garbage, litter, etc. on any property in McHenry County
- Burning of landscape waste within 100′ of a habitable structure (i.e. residence, school, etc.)
- Burning of landscape waste within 50′ of a non-habitable structure (i.e. detached garage, barn, etc.)
RESTRICTIONS WHEN GREATER THAN 100′ FROM A HABITABLE STRUCTURE AND 50′ FROM A NON-HABITABLE STRUCTURE
- Only landscape waste and only on the property where the landscape waste was generated
- Only during the months of April, May, October and November (weekends only)
- Only between dawn and dusk
- Only when the winds are less than 10 mph
- Must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age
- A fire extinguisher, garden hose, or water source must be available by the burning site.
Burning of on-site generated landscape waste 500′ or greater from a habitable structure is allowed:
1. During any month of the year
2. On any day of the week
3. At any time of the day
Note: All other prohibitions/restrictions apply.
- Recreational fires, not larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings
- Ceremonial fires (bonfires) larger than 3’x3’x3′, and excludes leaves, grass or shrubbery clippings; permit required from McHenry County Department of Health
- Habitat Reclamation or Firefighter
Any officer of the McHenry County Department of Health, law enforcement agency, fire department or fire protection district is authorized to enforce the provisions of this Ordinance.
Estas Reglas son aplicables para todas las zonas del Condado de McHenry: McHenry County Burning Regulations (Spanish)