E. G. Mygatt House
5507 Broadway Street
—Written by Gail Drabant
This Greek Revival house is one of the oldest houses in the original plat of Richmond. The triangular pediment roof, the door with a transom and sidelights are typical elements of this style.
E. G. Mygatt’s wife’s name was Jane and they had two sons who preceded them in death, Seymore and Albert. E. G. died in 1879 and Jane died in 1888.
Mygatt bought this lot in 1845. The house was built in about 1850. In 1858, it was sold to Alfred Wells. Then in 1889, Besler Brush bought this house.
In later years, it was the Haythorn house (Haythorn was a local merchant), then the Gundersons owned it and the current owners are the Hoenings.